Hesitating what kind of cap to choose to keep your head warm and add a touch of fashion in the meantime? You can take a look at knit beanies! In this blog post, we will share with you the common types and materials of beanies, and give you some tips on choosing one that suits your style.
What is a Beanie
A beanie is a type of head-hugging brimless cap that is typically worn in cold weather to keep the head and ears warm. It is usually made of cashmere, wool, cotton, or other materials. Beanies can cover the hair and scalp, which can be beneficial for people who have sensitive skin or hair loss. Beanies are also a fashion accessory, as they come in various colors, styles, and patterns.
Common Types of Knit Beanies
Knit beanies have various types and styles. Here are some of the most common ones.
- The cuffed beanie: This is a classic style which features a cuff attached to the edge of the beanie. The cuff can be adjusted to cover more or less of the forehead and ears, depending on the weather conditions.
- The cuffless beanie: This kind of beanie forms a contrast with the cuffed ones in that it do not have a cuff around the edge.
- The slouchy beanie: This is a more relaxed and trendy style which has extra material hanging from the back of your head. The loose fit of the cap and longer length of the fabric create a slouchy look.
- The pom-pom beanie: This is a fun and playful style. It has a fluffy pom-pom attached to the top of the hat, adding some texture and flair to your look.
- The earflap beanie: This is a cozy and practical style that has two flaps covering the ears and tied under chin or on top of the head. The earflap beanie is excellent for people who live in cold climates or enjoy outdoor activities.
Various Materials Suitable for Beanies
There are different kinds of materials suitable for beanies. Each has its own advantages.
- Cashmere: Cashmere is a luxurious fiber that comes from the wool of cashmere goats. Cashmere beanies are extremely warm, soft and lightweight.
- Wool: Wool is a natural fiber that is warm, breathable and moisture-wicking. Wool beanies are soft, cozy and durable.
- Acrylic: Acrylic is a synthetic fiber that is lightweight, stretchy and easy to care for. Acrylic beanies are smooth and comfortable.
- Cotton: Cotton is a natural fiber that is cool, soft and hypoallergenic. Cotton beanies are gentle, flexible and suitable for sensitive skin.
Factors to Consider When Choosing Your Beanie
Finally, when styling a knit beanie, you should think about how it complements your hair, face and outfit. Here are some tips on how to wear a beanie according to your hairstyle:
- For short hair, you can wear any style of knit beanie without worrying about hiding your hair. You can tuck your hair behind your ears or leave some bangs out for some extra flair.
- For medium hair, you can wear your knit beanie slightly above your forehead to show some of your hair. You can also leave some strands out on the sides or curl them for some texture.
- For long hair, you can wear your knit beanie low on your forehead to create some volume on top of your head. You can also pull your hair into a low bun or ponytail at the back of your head.
How to Contact Us
Beanies are a popular and practical choice for cooler seasons, as they offer both warmth and style. CH Cashmere, a professional manufacturer of knitwear clothing, produces all kinds of knit beanies and hats. You can check the styles on our website. And if you have your own styles, you can send pictures and samples to us. We will then produce them for you. We can do jacquard, intarsia and embroidery on beanies, and add fox fur ball or raccoon fur ball.