Basolan wool is a type of wool that has been treated with a special process to make it more resistant to shrinkage, felting, and pilling. Basolan wool is also softer, smoother, and more lustrous than regular wool, making it ideal for garments and accessories that require a high-quality finish.
Basolan wool is produced by applying a mild acid solution to the wool fibers, which removes some of the scales that cause wool to felt and shrink when washed. The acid also modifies the chemical structure of the wool, making it more hydrophobic (water-repellent) and less prone to absorbing odors and stains. The result is a wool that is easier to care for and more durable than untreated wool.
Basolan wool has many advantages over other types of wool, such as:
- It retains its shape and size after washing, without shrinking or stretching.
- It does not felt or pill, which means it does not lose its softness or appearance over time.
- It has a higher resistance to abrasion and wear, which makes it more suitable for garments that are frequently worn or washed.
- It has a finer and smoother texture, which gives it a more luxurious feel and look.
- It has a higher luster and shine, which enhances its color and brightness.
- It has a better drape and flow, which makes it more flattering and comfortable to wear.
Basolan wool is a versatile and high-quality material that can be used for various purposes, such as:
- Knitting and crocheting: Basolan wool is ideal for making sweaters, cardigans, scarves, hats, gloves, socks, and other items that need to be warm, cozy, and durable. Basolan wool can also be blended with other fibers, such as cashmere, silk, cotton, or synthetic materials, to create different effects and textures.
- Weaving and spinning: Basolan wool can be woven or spun into yarns or fabrics that can be used for making clothing, blankets, rugs, upholstery, and other products that require a soft and smooth touch. Basolan wool can also be dyed or printed with various colors and patterns to create unique designs.
- Felting: Basolan wool can be felted by applying heat, moisture, and pressure to the fibers, which causes them to interlock and form a dense and sturdy fabric. Basolan wool can be felted into shapes or sheets that can be used for making hats, bags, slippers, toys, ornaments, and other crafts.
Basolan wool is a premium product that offers many benefits compared to other types of wool. If you are looking for a wool that is easy to care for, long-lasting, and beautiful, you should consider trying Basolan wool as your choice.
If you want to make sweaters with Basolan wool, you could contact CH Cashmere factory. CH Cashmere knitwear factory cooperate with wool brand Xinao, who supply the best quality Basolan wool from Australia. Basolan Wool from Xinao is listed below:
-CASHFEEL: 100% BASOLAN WOOL (19.5micron, basolan) Nm2/30, Nm2/36, Nm2/48
-EMPIRE: 100% BASOLAN WOOL(17.5micron, basolan) Nm2/48, Nm2/60, Nm2/80, Nm3/80
-LUXURY: 100% BASOLAN WOOL(16.5micron, basolan) Nm2/48, Nm2/60, Nm2/80, Nm3/80
-PRIME: 100% BASOLAN WOOL(15.5micron, basolan) Nm2/48, Nm2/60, Nm3/80